Building Science - Windows
Finally. Clarity on large-scale window repair and replacements.
Pinchin Environmental provides you with complete evaluation, design and contract administration services to help you make the right decision.
Window improvements or replacements are major capital costs. You can’t afford to make the wrong decision when it comes to repair or replacement. Pinchin Environmental provides you with a one-stop service package of evaluation, design and contract administration and inspection services—or use individual services as you require.
Our initial comprehensive evaluation addresses the general appearance of the windows, including peeling paint, pitted metal, clouded glazing and leaks. We check frames and hardware, looking for potentially unsafe conditions. We remove one or more windows to check for hidden damage. Our experienced technicians will also look for any interior wall and ceiling water damage and exterior wall deterioration. We’ll let you know of any asbestos concerns and check differences in wear among building faces. And we’ll point out other potential areas of building envelope concern, such as deterioration in brick pointing, concrete or other elements.
Then, based on listening to your goals, concerns and financial considerations, we’ll offer you careful solutions, including useful estimates of the capital and life-cycle costs. Because of our experience and up-to-date knowledge, we take into account the latest energy efficiencies and window technologies too.
- Investigation, including thorough visual assessment and diagnostic testing of windows and frames
- Design of Repair Services, including pre-qualification of contractors, identification of potentially new bidders and review of existing bidders, as well as reviews of shop or as-built drawings
- Contract Administration and Inspection Services, to ensure work is being completed in compliance with drawings, budget and client goals
Every assessment is tailored to your specific maintenance and budgetary goals, Our experienced structural engineers, technicians and project managers and knowledge of design, construction and maintenance standards mean you can make a crucial decision with confidence.
Pinchin’s Window Repair/ Replacement program is part of our Sustainability & Building Sciences Division
We offer the following services for Property Owners and Managers, Asset Managers, Financial Institutions, Mortgage Companies, Investor Groups; Developers, Government Institutions, and Health Care Facilities:
- Roofing assessments, repair and replacement
- Parking garage assessments, repair and replacement
- High-rise curtain wall and balcony repair and replacement
- Large-scale window, skylight and door replacements
Penthouses, including mechanical room assessments, repair and replacement
- Building condition assessments
- Energy audits
- Reserve fund studies