Sustainability & Building Sciences
To help our clients become more sustainable, Pinchin investigates, identifies, prioritizes and implements systemic initiatives to solve building science challenges, maximize asset value, attract and maintain sophisticated tenants and users, enhance occupant comfort, improve building performance, reduce operating costs and minimize environmental impact while promoting excellent Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our specialized services include sustainability performance reporting and benchmarking of GHG, energy, water, waste and other emission inventories. We help our clients use these inventories to identify, prioritize and implement initiatives for their buildings and enterprises, to support their sustainability objectives which may include BOMA BESt or LEED™ building certification, Corporate Sustainability Reporting or product Life Cycle Analysis.
Our team of professionals utilize an interdisciplinary, systemic, and root-cause based approach to address your challenges, integrating solutions into your business processes for your enterprise and your corporate real estate portfolios to create real and measurable opportunities.
- Building Science Investigations – building envelope, thermography, air/moisture leaks, odour or noise issues, HVAC deficiencies, premature failure, root cause analysis, expert witness, roofing systems
- Building Envelope Design for Existing Buildings – wall cladding, window, doors, glazing, sealants and roof specifications for maintenance, replacement and upgrades.
- Concrete/Masonary Rehabilitation – balconies, parking garages, foundation walls, retaining walls, above grade masonry restoration, wall cladding
- Building Condition Assessments – property condition assessments, government mandated technical audits, performance audits and reserve fund studies.
- Code Compliance & Building Permit Consulting – accessibility, heat loss calculations, permit submittal documents, and drawings.
- Turn Key Program Delivery & Project Management – planning, design specifications, tendering, construction inspection and contract management.
- Re/Retro Commissioning - tuning your building systems and guiding your operators to optimum performance.
- Building Optimization – whole building commissioning, system re/retro-commissioning of building envelope, HVAC, mechanical and electrical building systems against original design intent and optimized for current facility use and requirements.
- Continuous Commissioning –building system sequence of operations review, building automation system tuning and operator coaching to enhance performance.
- Green Building & Energy Efficiency Measure Design – modeling, analysis, development, HVAC design, and implementation support.
Capital Planning Consulting – system by system comparison of repair and
replacement costs, with integrated sustainability opportunity assessment.
- Operations & Maintenance Consulting – review of system effectiveness, development of sustainable processes, operator training and leveraging open systems integration.
- Balancing & Testing – air and hydronic balancing, blower door testing and system optimization.
- Energy Modeling – EE4, EE Wizard, eQuest, RETScreen for energy efficiency projects, energy incentive management.
- Sustainability Consulting – enterprise strategy, program and project development, decision support and facilitation.
- Green Real Estate Consulting – integrated sustainable decision support for owned and leased building portfolios.
GHG Management Consulting – carbon footprinting, project planning, data collection, measurement,
verification & validation, regulatory reporting, and carbon disclosure.
- Life Cycle Analysis – calculation of environmental life cycle impact (GHG, water, energy etc…) of products.
- Environmental Performance Benchmarking – GHG, carbon, waste and other emissions as well as energy, water and other resource usage.
- LEED™ and BOMA™ BESt™ Certification – initial feasibility reporting, scorecard strategic development, and full certification management.
- LEED™ Credit Support – Technical Expertise for specific credit performance and documentation requirements.